Thursday, July 14, 2011

mountaintop marriage

I just LOVE introducing you to some of my new favorite vendors! This next installment of VENDOR LOVIN features a photographer whose job I would love to have for a weekend {or maybe she can just find someone who will hire me and take me with them!} Claire Elyse Photography is a locally owned photog studio that specializes in destination weddings- and no, not the kind that come here to New Orleans- but the opposite kind! 
Talk about DREAM JOB! 
I asked Claire to tell you a little bit about why she loves what she does, then we will get to show you the goodness of Kristen and Jonathan's mountain wedding! So here goes:


"Destination wedding photography is where my passion is, so Kristen and Jonathan’s wedding was quite an opportunity for me.  I love to see how my absolute love of photography and giddy enjoyment of traveling can merge. I’ve been fascinated by cameras and where they can take me since I was a little girl. Never could I have dreamed that my goals for photography and a business that strives to tell the unique love story of every bride and groom would take me as far as they have. With every wedding, it is my goal to try something new and more importantly to know my brides and what makes their future husband their other half. The most important and enjoyable aspect of my job is watching clients become friends in the months prior to and after their wedding. There are countless stories out there and I can’t wait to tell them!"



How amazing are these colors! So eye catching- just makes me smile :)



Feel free to stop and stare at this backdrop for a few. Then carry on to enjoy the rest of the beauty :)




"Kristen and Jonathan’s wedding was one of those where I found myself counting down the days ‘til show time! It may have been because the wedding took place in the mountains of North Carolina, or perhaps because the bride and groom brought all the best of Louisiana to meet those mountains. It was all that and more. The details of this wedding were stunning, and even the vendors were the perfect mix of fun-loving South Louisiana meets breath taking North Carolina mountain highs. Jonathan proposed to Kristen in Andrews, North Carolina, so it was only appropriate to pack up the dress, cake, family, and bar and make a vacation out of it. The Hawkesdene House was one of my favorite venues to work with.  The owners matched elegance with comfort. From the flowers, to one of Zoe’s Bakery’s masterpieces, to Abita Blues playing the requests of the bride and groom mixed with their own style. Kristen dreamt an amazing day into reality."



Don't you just want to eat every single one of these dishes! Yummy southern food!



This cake. I die. Me gutsa mucho el pastel de ZOE'S {in Covington}






AHH now someone hire me to plan their destination wedding! I just LOVE it :)

Vendors:
 Bridal Gown, Bridesmaids & MOB: Southern Bridal (Mandeville, LA)
Band: Abita Blues Band
Photographer: Claire Elyse Photography
Bakery: Zoe's
Hair: Barber's and Bombshell's
Venue: Hawkesdene House

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...