Thursday, May 5, 2011

only the beginning...

First of all, I can't believe that this day is finally here! I get to share the wedding photos from Tying.the.Knot's first wedding! To say that it was everything I expected would be an understatement. From the moment I met Crystal and Brenda, I knew that this would not only be a beautiful wedding, but also such a rewarding experience! I want to thank them from the bottom of my heart for believing in me and allowing me to share in the wonderful love story! I couldn't have asked for more!

To say that the Elam's are a happy couple would be an understatement! Their wedding on March 2nd marked their 10 year anniversary as a couple, so their wedding date will continue to be their special day! When I walked into the bridal suite, Crystal greeted me with a smile from ear to ear- the most laid back bride I have ever met! I like to believe that she had full trust in me to take care of anything that may have gone array that day {which was nothing}! A perfect wedding day! 
The wedding was all about jazz- and with a gorgeous jazz ensemble, you couldn't help but get in the spirit! Nola Flora's red and white roses were accented by black feathers and crystals! The brides red shoes were the perfect addition to theme!


The ceremony took place on the balcony of the Pimsoll Club at the Westin Hotel in downtown New Orleans! Minus a gusts of wind every now and them, we couldn't have asked for better weather! The ceremony was so sweet and meaningful- and of course I CRIED like I do at every wedding! Crystal processed down the aisle to her future hubby with both her mother and father! A truly special moment since they both mean so much to her!
The ceremony ended and it was time for the party to begin! The newlyweds danced to "Come Away With Me" by Norah Jones which was played by Jimmy Burtchaell and his jazz musicians! They just couldn't have looked any happier all night: which is the primary concern of a wedding planner! Mission accomplished :)
The night continued with toasts, great food, and second lining, but most of all, great family and friends! It was an intimate wedding of 75 people who cared most about the couple! Flour Power baked a cake that was not only delicious, but was also perfectly unique and screamed New Orleans! Crystal's father and Matthew's brother gave toasts that were so heartfelt and AGAIN- they brought tears to my eyes! {It's just something about true love that gets me every time}
My favorite aspect of the wedding was the Big Easy Photobooth! Since the wedding was so intimate, everyone got a chance to take as many photos as they wanted! Big Easy made an amazing memory book {in the wedding's colors of red and black} with every photo strip and a personalized message from each of the guests! Atelier also captured some great shots of the couple inside of the booth! I love it and I think that photo booths are a great addition to add personality to any reception!
I'm so grateful and happy that Crystal and Matthew chose Tying.the.Knot to be such a special part of their wedding day! I look forward to being a special part of many more wedding days! I'm so excited for all of my upcoming weddings and all of the great things happening for us! Stay tuned because things are EXPLODING :)  {in a good way of course}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...